As a dairy free/egg free mama, I’m always excited to find new snacks, meals, etc! I feel like this is becoming more common now a days. Restaurants have dairy free options, grocery stores are offering more, vegan bakeries are popping up! I’m looking out for vegan Ice cream spots! I’ve been to one in NY (check out Van Leeuwan Artisan Ice Cream) and can I just say, it’d be nice to have more places like this! In she Allah. It’s been about four years I have been dairy free and Alhamdulillah I notice a lot more options today. Whether you are just getting started, looking for a one time alternative or down right vegan, I want to share with you my favs!
Side Note: If you see husband approved, you know its good (like for real for real) because mine still enjoys dairy products!
- Just Mayo-Vegan mayo-Husband approved (let’s just go with H.A.)
- Earth Balance-Vegan Butter & on top of that, they have a soy free one-H.A.
- Almond Milk-any store brand really. We try to do unsweetened/original. Alhamdulillah there are so many different types of milk you can buy now like coconut milk, cashew milk, etc. H.A.
- Aldi’s version of Cookie Crisp!- I’m not much of a cereal person, but its dairy free cookie crisp! H.A.
- So Delicious Yogurt-coconut based. The vanilla and raspberry are our favorite flavors. They even have a chocolate one, yum!
- Follow your heart vegan cheese. We have tried other brands, but this one is our favorite tasting one. It melts really well too, sliced and shredded!
- So Delicious Ice Cream! They have Almond based, Cashew based and coconut milk based. We like them all whether its scoop-able, on a stick or in a sandwich!
- So Delicious Vegan Cheesecake! Soo good! And to top it off, it comes in two other flavors including chocolate. Yes! It reminds me of a light chocolate mouse cake!
- So Delicious Coconut Cool whip. Seriously good!! H.A.
- Gold Emblem (CVS Brand) Fruit Cubes & Gummy Bears. No Gelatin, no food coloring and no high fructose corn syrup! They also make really good organic graham crackers! H.A.
- Enjoy Life Chocolate! From chocolate chips to chocolate bars to other snacks in general. They are free from your top 8 common allergens!
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars-come in different flavors, definitely a favorite in our house.
Bonus! These items are also egg-free b/c we don’t eat egg products either. This brings me to egg substitutes. There are so many options depending on what you are making. You can google it, click on images and see various charts with your different options. I usually stick with bananas , apple sauce or egg substitute which is a powder you buy and mix with water.
We do the majority of our grocery shopping at Aldi’s! They offer so many dairy free snacks including an amazing corn bread mix that we love! Tip: Make it with chocolate Almond Milk for an amazing taste. Plus, their prices are pretty reasonable. Thank you Aldis!
…and Oh my Gosh, have you heard of Yummly?? It is our go to App when we are looking for a new recipe. Under settings, you can customize your dietary preferences through disliked ingredients, specific diets, allergies and favorite cuisines. Once that is set, you can search for recipes that will automatically avoid specific foods based on your preference! Plus you can save your favorite recipes. We have used it so many times. It makes looking for recipes so easy!
Please let me know if you have tried any of these and how you like them oooooor if you have found any other amazing vegan goodies. I am all ears in sha Allah.